Mentor Application [Friend Besto/Enemy Worsto]
No. -1.

You're knowledgable about silicon stuff and I recognize that and that's fine. You also have come off as rude to me more than once when looking at conversation on Discord.

I've played rounds on Classic with you in them too and you are a pretty abrasive presence inwhat experiences I have had there. In particular I remember a round I played security and we were having problems with robotics and trying to clarify laws and do legwork to see if anyone had changed any of them, I believe since a borg or secondary AI was acting out. And nobody in Sec really listened when we were doing this at first and instead got increasingly frustrated and repetitive, and that's fine and bound to happen, so I repeated what was up, the timeline of asking for information and laws for them, and that I thought it would be worth it to check the AI because it seemed to me the only excuse was that the laws were changed. I had actually stepped away for a few minutes before I came back to most of this conversation and no one had any additional information on what was going on. So, I think someone eventually went in upload and checked, but what stuck with me that I remember the most from this round was whereas Security was working through this, the two AIs, including you, began to escalate and deride us in Sec Comms because we had kept asking for laws and bounced the idea that maybe you/the other AI was rogue. And then Sec responded unkindly and some members escalated and derided too, and that wasn't acceptable either. And then in OOC and on Discord you were kind enough to call us all idiots and shitsec. You handled that entire stiuation, in all of its complexity and confusion, with an unbelievable lack of patience and such a genuine OOC insulting of anyone who was on "the wrong side" of it. This was maybe a month and a hald ago, really not too long.

Your application doesn't really sell me on any of that being a misconception or being moved past, particularly where you talk of robotics; it holds the same derisive tone. I'm not interested in having that represent Goonstation, especially not to new players.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mentor Application [Friend Besto/Enemy Worsto] - by nefarious6th - 04-30-2021, 06:05 PM