Myth Mcmullen/Reaper Mentor application 2.
(04-27-2021, 12:02 AM)Slazenger Wrote: I feel like you have the knowledge required to be a Mentor.  That being said, the maturity and positive presence and ability to be a good role model is hit or miss.  You have some high highs and some low lows in terms of interactions with the community, both IC but also OOC on Discord and the like.  I feel like you've made significant improvements in the past half a year, but the general vibes you give off when you interact with others are just offputting.

Between saying things that are offcolor or untimely, or just how on every application you've ever responded to is a half-assed "+1. I'd write more but I'm so tired" (which is your opportunity to provide insight and opportunities for improvement for aspiring members of the community), I just don't see you as being someone that others can turn to when they need information, a positive influence, etc.  

I wish you were consistently operating at a your peak, because you're genuinely a fun person to play with when you're on point...but so many of the behavior/interactions I've witnessed are just baffling.

Honestly I just want to say, sadly you are pretty right, I'm not in a great frame of mind sometimes and I'm not great at reading situations sometimes. I try to be friendly and helpful but I think a fair but of the time I just kind of come off as a bit annoying and frustrating. I'm not that good at interacting with people sometimes and I didn't really think about the +1 thing probably being more harmful than helpful, I have a tendency to not really be able to speak actual feelings and areas of improvement I feel like someone might need sometimes and I feel like I come off a bit rude when I try to so I just try to leave support that might help. I honestly need to think and not post or play as much when I don't feel like I can be constructive or helpful, I think its a bigger issue for me and I just try to hide it behind facades. I know that I need to be more consistently better and I've looked back on stuff I've said and wondered why I would think saying that was appropriate or kind at the time. I need to take more responsibility for actions I take and make an bigger effort to be consistent and helpful instead of just saying one word or something thats not very helpful. I hope I'm at least a bit consistently better more of the time than I just come off as frustrating and offputting but I honestly can't tell a lot of the time unless someone directly tells me or I look back on it a day or two later. Its not anyones onus to tell me when I'm doing something like that. This is a long response and probably not the best place to put this but I feel like I should say something at least because I've noticed the same issues in myself before and I need to put in a consistent effort to put down those issues and be more mature more of the time.

Sorry thats a block of text I think I forgot indentation exists.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Myth Mcmullen/Reaper Mentor application 2. - by Drewmajor11 - 04-27-2021, 11:26 AM