Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Receiving mentorhelp responses should play a sound
Title. Receiving mentorhelp responses should play a sound, similarly to receiving adminhelps. 
Ideally it should be non-intrusive and not too loud, to not distract a player from playing the game, but at the same time, instantly recognizable upon receiving a said response.

The reason for that is, from my perspective as a mentor, people sometimes just miss the messages we send them. I've noticed that once in a while, I answer a question from a player, then not long after that, I receive the same question from them again.
And it's completely understandable imo, as the chat spam that happens ingame, especially on Goon 1, makes players miss the responses we send them. It's not an issue on my side, as I can copypaste the answer and send it to them again, but it makes me wonder: how often the scenario when I send someone a message, they receive it, they miss it due to the chat spam, and they don't ask the question again, thinking that mentors are inactive happens?

So any kind of sound being played upon receiving an mhelp response would, in my opinion, help players notice when exactly they receive it. I know for a fact that it's a feature on other servers because a while ago someone mentioned in one of the mentorhelps that they're used to mentorhelp system from another server where receiving mhelps does play a sound, and that's why they missed my message.

Messages In This Thread
Receiving mentorhelp responses should play a sound - by Caro - 04-03-2021, 06:08 AM