Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Syndicate Infiltrators
I'm more interested to see/understand how this works in practice.

1.) Given we have problems/concerns with teamwork on conspiracy and nukies already (both on Classic and on RP, both in antag-antag relationships and crew-antag relationships), what on this would ensure good cooperation and teamwork between players granted that this is a playstyle where teamwork is pretty mandatory?

2.) What prevents this from being "a better version of conspirators" that might eventually replace that gamemode? Does this necessarily mean that the trending of RP server antags will have to be forced to "faster-paced" stuff when people could go play on Classic for pace changes instead?

3.) How does a strictly objective-based gamemode interact with the RP server gamemodes where, though antags have objectives, they are not obligated to follow them and greentext is not mandatory? This seems counter to that since greentext is the primary driving force here.

4.) Does this lose the intrigue of Goon Nukies by using other traitor gear from normal uplinks and mimicking other codebases's style of nukies too much? To some extent, Dim is right, the appeal of Goon Nukies is that it's a teamfight mode and is in fact consistently developed to push players on either team towards that when those rounds do occur. Does this really satisfy the requests RP players had after getting rare admin-event nukies, granted that?

5.) Other people brought it up already, so I won't harp on too much here; but rounds on RP usually go the full 2 hours; our nukies rounds on the admin events Bill would run were closer to 40-60 minutes. Does this account for that in order to help alleviate some of the pacing concerns RP players might have? Truthfully, 60-minute rounds are really almost kind of outliers for when something egregious happens. What happens once the syndicate completes their objectives? Fighting back for the remaining 60 minutes doesn't sound terribly fun to me.

I would be interested to see this tested; if it were something to become a part of the permanent rotation, I would prefer it was its own gamemode and not part of intrigue, because I would still like to see a slower-pace classic-intrigue RP server without this gamemode included. Nothing about the balance or quality of the work here, everything about the pacing of certain roundtypes, and I think this doesn't necessarily fit everyone's preferences for that.

Messages In This Thread
Syndicate Infiltrators - by Zonespace - 03-23-2021, 02:44 PM
RE: Syndicate Infiltrators - by Drewmajor11 - 03-23-2021, 05:56 PM
RE: Syndicate Infiltrators - by DimWhat - 03-23-2021, 06:02 PM
RE: Syndicate Infiltrators - by Drewmajor11 - 03-23-2021, 06:06 PM
RE: Syndicate Infiltrators - by nefarious6th - 03-23-2021, 06:20 PM