Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Efrem, Discord, publically making fun of people for being wrong in AdminHelps
I'm gonna give you my (personal, individual) read of the situation and how I believe it relates to the norm, and what's like, chill and cool to do i guess.

That first example is immaterial to me, it's got no identifying information.
Admins talk about what their favorite A-Helps are all the time. We actually do love getting A-Helps that turn out to be really easy to solve or dimsiss.
It's fun to be a part of. That's genuine. SS13 is literally a game about misdirection, lying, and information asymmetry- We like to see it in action.

The second one (about the vamps) is also perfectly fine to me?
In this situation there was clearly a preexisting communication between the player and efrem, efrem dispelled their mistake (which is not being called into question- there's no implication here that a-helping was a mistake or is being ridiculed). The player seems to be conveying complaint in public discord that contradicts what they were told by the admin, the admin is responding by stripping their credibility.
That's kind of how competing claims work.

Your analogy to how mentors are meant to treat the information in Mhelps is relevant, but not all-encompassing.
Admins (generally, sorta) have the additional prerogative to share whatever sensitive information they see fit *so long as that information doesn't impact other admins* - we do this with sanitised logs, and in fact, while responding to APMs regularly.

Sharing the equivalent of "You know that's not true because *we had a conversation (A-helps) about this not long ago*" is not outside that scope in my opinion.
If players want to vent at/about each other, they ought to at least not be deliberately misinformed.
I'm really not seeing anything out of the ordinary or particularly harmful from Efrem here.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Efrem, Discord, publically making fun of people for being wrong in AdminHelps - by warcrimes - 03-19-2021, 05:43 AM