Mentor App: Walpvrgis (Ezra the Mime/Ezra L)
Usual character name(s): Ezra the Mime/Ezra Lyedelle/EZRa, a bunch of characters who I only sometimes play and aren't recognisable as me oops (Oberon Graf, Io Basilisk, Vox Vorann, Belial Vorann, SIGIL, NEOPET, Glitterbug the Clown, etc, etc)
BYOND username: walpvrgis
Discord username (if you are on our discord): walpvrgis#0001
Recommended by (if applicable): Flourish, some folks who liked the idea but didn't explicity Recommend me bc I'm scared to ask for reccs aaaaaaaaaaa!
Goon servers you play: Sylvester and Morty, extremely rarely I play on Heisenbee (mostly as ghost drone bc i like to watch and repair the chaos)

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):

I originally started playing ss13 in 2006-2007, moving to goon around 2010. I took a VERY LONG break around 2011 and returned in September 2020 under a new BYOND account (observing a lot because I was too chicken to actually play until early October aaa!). I'm not really a well-known player or voice on discord, due to timezones and work making me active mostly at low-pop hours, but! I wanted to try for mentor as something that's important to me is making new people feel welcome and less intimidated. In a vaguely-related hobby/fandom, I've been DMing in D&D for about 8 years, and found that I love guiding people and helping them to find their footing with game mechanics. I feel the same way about ss13. When I picked ss13 up again last year, mentorhelps gave me a lot of confidence to stick with the game, and the community has had such a positive impact on me personally (I wouldn't be doing pixel art again if it weren't for Goonstation, tbh) that I want to share some back. : )

With regards to ingame experience, I tend to play a variety of roles, mostly favouring medical and research-related jobs. I'm well versed in chemistry, artifacts, medical, robotics and genetics, and semi-often roll Medical Director and Research Director (not so much lately as I don't get to wander around the station much as MD or RD). I play borg every couple of days (not AI, though I know AI interface/functions decently enough). I play ghost drone A LOT, and am decent at various construction/deconstruction and repair tasks. Janitor is a frequent fave that I know the ins and outs of.

Used to play other civilian roles like botany and sometimes chef more frequently, but I think medsci is where my heart is set, haha. I also have some small experience as Sec, having played both Detective and Secoff enough to be confident playing as either. I honestly play more of an RP/ticket secoff than combat; I am not that robust as I fumble, but I know combat in Theory and am decent at self-defence. I'm terrified of engineering (though I can at least start the singulo without major disaster), know nothing about mechcomp or mining, but I LOVE playing construction worker for the creative aspect (crayons and paint machine deco too, mmmm)!

I also am very familiar with the ins and outs of the Debris Field, mining z-level, trench and ocean maps. Love starting with the pilot trait and working my way back to the station. I don't know how I haven't mentioned it yet, but I play gimmick roles pretty often, and know the specifics of most gimmick roles decently well. Mime is my favourite job to play, to the point where I would consider myself a Mime Main, hah. I love that a lot of gimmick roles are RP-heavy! Although I usually have antagonist roles turned off, I am competent in the specifics of most, aside from the non-RP enabled antagonists!

In the end, I mostly wanted to apply for mentor as I find myself helping new players and teaching a lot during rounds already, and a mentor role would help facilitate that. I honestly really enjoy it! I might not be great at combat, or anything too intense, but I do love just chilling and explaining/teaching things to folks and I care about the Goonstation community a lot. : )

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):

None that I am aware of.

Messages In This Thread
Mentor App: Walpvrgis (Ezra the Mime/Ezra L) - by walpvrgis - 02-23-2021, 10:19 PM