Reisyn's Mentor Application
Usual character name: Reisyn Hell
BYOND username: Reisyn
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Reisyn#3934
Recommended by (if applicable): Slazzy
Goon servers you play: RP Main, sometimes seen on Goon Main.
Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):

My first experience with SS13 dates back nine years ago on an old server called Pink Station, an offshoot from the regular tgstation that wasn't populated but I went there to get a feel for the game, I was lucky enough that someone else joined the round in confusion as to why I was there and proceeded to teach me the game and give me a run down on the basics after realising I was new. I then went on to go to the main tgstation and tried to splash acid on someone as a non-antag and got my butt beat for it. I've definitely grown a lot since then but hadn't I had that person been so willing to take the time to teach me, I might've given up entirely with how overwhelming it all was.

I made my return to SS13 after a very long break from the game, landing myself in the Goonstation RP server last August and in that time, I've had to relearn so much and once again get use to how the game functions as well as seeing what I've missed over the years and what's new. Its definitely a big change from my old tgstation days. Thankfully jumping between mentorhelps, the wiki and other players, I was able to quickly get back into the rhythm of things.

My expertise is pretty rounded when it comes to the game and its job roles, there's definitely some gaps, I'm not wholly experienced with the finer things that mechanics can do and I'm a little fuzzy when it comes to TEG setups but I'm still learning something new almost every day. Overall, I feel like I have a pretty good grasp on the basics as well as the more advanced stuff.

The reason I'm applying is that I feel I'm at the stage now where I can confidently help others learn the game and answer most questions that they have. Not only do I want to help others but I also want to continue to learn, to fill in the gaps in my knowledge. 

In short, I just want to help people, to give back to the community and to put my vast amount of knowledge to use for those who need it.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application, lying about it will): None

Messages In This Thread
Reisyn's Mentor Application - by Reisyn - 01-29-2021, 09:18 AM
RE: Reisyn's Mentor Application - by Kak0phony - 01-29-2021, 10:16 AM
RE: Reisyn's Mentor Application - by ZeWaka - 01-29-2021, 11:40 PM
RE: Reisyn's Mentor Application - by walpvrgis - 01-30-2021, 01:19 AM
RE: Reisyn's Mentor Application - by Telareti - 01-30-2021, 09:44 AM
RE: Reisyn's Mentor Application - by Maegor - 01-31-2021, 01:50 PM
RE: Reisyn's Mentor Application - by Fudge - 01-31-2021, 05:17 PM
RE: Reisyn's Mentor Application - by Slazenger - 01-31-2021, 07:23 PM
RE: Reisyn's Mentor Application - by Technature - 02-02-2021, 09:49 PM
RE: Reisyn's Mentor Application - by Mushroom - 02-03-2021, 07:36 AM
RE: Reisyn's Mentor Application - by nefarious6th - 02-06-2021, 08:53 PM