AnguishedEnglish - Mentor Application
Usual character name: Whitney Stingray
BYOND username: AnguishedEnglish
Discord username (if you are on our discord): AnguishedEnglish#9623
Recommended by (if applicable): Maddox Beck, MaskedMan2, Awkward Dryad and a few others who's names I forgot.  (Sorry!)
Goon servers you play: Goon 1

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):
I have been playing on Goonstation for well over half a year now, back in June of 2020, and during that time, it has been my go-to place to play and have fun.  I have made many friends and memories in Goon 1 and I find it a great privilege to be a part of this wonderful community.  When I first joined, I had no idea what to expect.  I had no idea what I was doing, and I thought everyone was out to get me.  As time went on, however, those feelings slowly faded.  Most of the people I met were calm, collective and answered any questions I had about the game.  It shook me, seeing as how most people interpret this game as a “Trust Nobody” kind of game.  It taught me to relax and appreciate the game for what it was, which at its core is a role-playing game.

For the longest time, I had thought about becoming a Mentor to help teach new players the ropes and basics.  I always enjoy helping others, even if it is with something small like basic controls.  New players are what keep Space Station 13 alive and well and we must all do our part to make sure they enjoy their experience, whether it be for just one game or many games to come.  I, for one, believe that a well taught new player is a happy new player.  The more they learn, the more they will want to stay, and Goonstation has a lot to offer.

As far as experience goes, I know a good amount of almost everything.  I have had my fair share of Security, Medical and other jobs over the months and I am always willing to learn more about them for years to come. 

In the end, I enjoy Goonstation very much and Space Station 13 has become a part of my life now.  I dread to think of what my life would be like if I did not play this game or have even heard of it.  Everyone I have met has been helpful and I want to give back to this community the best I can!

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
It's not something I enjoy bringing up, but I was once banned for five hours for spraying an officer with phlog as the Mime.  It hardened me, being banned like that, but I like to think I've learned from my mistake.  Those were the worst five hours of my life.

Messages In This Thread
AnguishedEnglish - Mentor Application - by AnguishedEnglish - 01-18-2021, 09:37 PM