Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
[PR] Make NTSO only available if a HoS has joined the round
as someone who primarily plays sec i really can't agree with a lot of the admin opinions on this thread. at least on rp i rarely see much of a clash between hos and ntso nor do i see many ntsos abuse their power. if there is really a problem of ntsos flexing their power and abusing it, then... warn them? ahelp them? don't make an unpopular blanket change over something you guys should be tackling head-on as admins? reject hos apps who clearly just want to be Blue Cop With Guns rather than an actual authority? i seriously don't think we need to be making drastic changes that few people agree with when people can ahelp abusive ntsos and the admins can deal with them. remember, hos whitelist does not in any way equal above the rules and people who abuse it for the sake of having more authority to flex should obviously be removed from the whitelist or at least be given a stern warning

and ntso does have nonlethal options too, their entire role is no longer "can only use Kill Bullets and needs to order a taser from cargo"

yes, if ntso didn't exist i'd play secoff. however not everyone can play ntso, so picking ntso means more sec slots for non whitelist folks. i personally like having a role that's inbetween secoff and hos, where you still have more authority and responsibility but not as much as a hos would have.

that being said i wouldn't mind if ntso were restricted to only being available after a certain amount of time as most people treat it as a "shift is half over" role

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Make NTSO only available if a HoS has joined the round - by Mopcat - 01-16-2021, 10:32 PM