Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Guarantee non-antag status for RP Captains?
(12-25-2020, 03:18 PM)GORE Wrote: Antag conspirator Captains are the perfect fit to initiate silly laws and announce the mandatory donut-eating contest in the bar; Discount Dan's drugs included of course.

Do not agree with the proposed change in my opinion.
The Syndicate installing a drone of their own inside the chain of command of a NanoTrasen station makes sense.

But I do not think that lore should be any reason for or against this.
There clearly is great RP potential for an antag Captain and folks going to murderbone will always murderbone in whatever role they seem to have gotten themselves into.
AA is by far not the most powerful tool to cause chaos and I think the ability to quickly and easily communicate messages of great importance or neglegent malicious intent to everybody is a great tool for RP in the hands of an antag willing to put some effort into their role.

(12-27-2020, 11:38 AM)Bartimeus Wrote: I play captain a lot. Being an antag captain just gives you access to everything ever and makes it very painful for sec to deal with you. Removing the captain's ability to be an antagonist would also allow the crew to have another person they can always trust other than the security crew.
On the other hand, its possible to have some interesting gimmicks as an antagonist captain, particularly in conspiracy rounds where the role lets you defend the conspirationist's objective which usually leads to interesting scenarios.

I stand neutral on this issue. While i enjoy being an antagonist from time to time, and have seen people do some really interesting gimmicks, i can understand why it can be frustrating to deal with.

I'm actually really glad you both pointed out the fun of conspiracy captains! Would it be tenable to remove antagonist status from captains but preserve the ability to roll conspirator versus outright removing all antagonist rolls? This would take me more time to do, but it was something I was looking into doing anyways because I don't see much problem with conspirator captains. I haven't crossposted that on to this thread yet (whoops!), but I was poking around the code on it to try and understand how I might disentangle normal traitor statuses from conspirator statuses.

For anyone/everyone: Would this be a preferable compromise?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Guarantee non-antag status for RP Captains? - by nefarious6th - 12-27-2020, 11:48 AM