HoS/NTSO
Usual character name: Henry Greene
BYOND username: 0nemore
Discord username (if you are on our discord): 0nemore
Recommended by (if applicable): ….Me?
Goon servers you play: RP, RP Overflow

Reason for application: Honestly? I could lie and give you a three paragraph slammer on how me wanting to play HOS and NTSO is for the good of the community, but in all honesty it's because I want to, I've been playing sec for a while, I enjoy it, and my experience can help others.
Security experience (300 word minimum): Now, I've been playing SS13 since... last summer? So a good year and a half, my usual servers are NSV, Baystation and goon, Goon used to be a once in a while thing, but I've been playing it alot more since I joined the RP server(less chaos, got bored of getting yeeted the moment I joined on the shuttle) 

When I play security, I'm usually the one running the forensics, which I'll say is a very useful mechanic to use, however, I'll usually be the one hunting down the ones I find by myself as Security is either very underworked or overworked, for RP, I usually give the criminals the ability to talk their way out, what I enjoy most about playing sec is the interesting interactions you get, everything from getting a leg stolen to some guys wanting to sue janitors for not using slip signs.

I'm usually the one out looking through things or on patrol, patrol being a loose term of hanging around cargo or walking around, I understand that I will have more things to do than just standard grunt work as HoS such as coordinating security as a whole, taking care of problems that the command staff have, and approving the very rarely used fine system.

I've had plenty of experience playing security on other servers, however the other servers I play are all on the TG branch of SS13. While this cannot count for knowhow of mechanics on goon, it does for sec RP and general conduct.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
    1. Unless you have knowledge from that round that PDAs are used for SpyThief bounties or Syndicate Uplinks, you shouldn't confiscate them, and by proof I mean solid, guy forgot to lock their PDA proof. 2. Medication is important, you should probably have some brute patches or synthpatch boxes from med if you can, if you get a MedU Cartridge even better. I always carry a calomel syringe or autoinjector just in case. 3. Always communicate, a silent sec team won't get anything done cohesively, often having multiple people chasing one suspect and others forgotten, I have seen people forget who their other sec offs are and are surprised to find one dead due to not checking in often. 4. Permabrigging shouldn't be done, borging or a properly roleplayed execution should only be done if they are extremely uncompliant or uncontainable. 5. Always give your fellow sec officers the benefit of the doubt, you're on the same team, if you see them beating someone on the ground, sure stop them, but secure the suspect first then worry about their misdemeanor. 6. If you have glove ID but no prints, a good idea is to check departments for prints on their doors, this may tell you what department they're from or where they have visited. A really good way to catch someone who was wearing gloves. 7. Don't give the antags no way out, you should always leave a way for them to talk or DE-ESCULATE which is very important. 8. Do not metagrudge or target someone because they like rolling antag alot. This can really sour your relationship with the person in question and the community in general. 9. Don't wear a mask all the time, hell you don't even need a helmet usually, even if you get in a melee fight they're going to have to deal with your two shot stun stick. (I totally don't run around wearing a gas mask all day.) 10. Smoke. It enhances your RP when you breathe the smoke all over the criminal you're interrogating.
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
         I shot someone with a tranq rifle they dropped but it turned out to be lethals, and I literally went "WHAT.". And with comedic timing, another officer walks in and sees this guy bleeding out in the interrogation room with me holding a rifle. So of course, he shot me with the stunshottie.... just as the perp gets up, grabs their rifle again and unloads two shots into me, they get away and I get sent to the medbay, only to die when the surgeon put a scalpel where my lung should've went, 10/10 round.

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
    Based on past experiences:The clown took HeinsbeeSecurity can't find himHe's in the crusher
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
    Paperwork. All of the paperwork, make people write formal apologies, file arrest reports, search warrants, if it ain't documented it ain't valid. I can see that either causing me to get lynched or... yeah just getting lynched.
  • Draw a picture!
    I can't draw... frown
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): I was banned for one minute on Bee midcombat for losing a bet.

Messages In This Thread
HoS/NTSO - by 0nemore - 12-05-2020, 11:14 AM
RE: HoS/NTSO - by 0nemore - 12-06-2020, 03:19 PM
RE: HoS/NTSO - by Telareti - 12-08-2020, 01:35 PM
RE: HoS/NTSO - by Wrench-1 - 12-09-2020, 05:15 AM
RE: HoS/NTSO - by Mouse - 12-09-2020, 08:18 AM
RE: HoS/NTSO - by Drewmajor11 - 12-09-2020, 11:08 AM
RE: HoS/NTSO - by Gert - 12-09-2020, 10:30 PM
RE: HoS/NTSO - by Kamades - 12-16-2020, 04:30 PM
RE: HoS/NTSO - by nefarious6th - 12-16-2020, 10:06 PM
RE: HoS/NTSO - by 0nemore - 12-17-2020, 01:36 PM
RE: HoS/NTSO - by Drewmajor11 - 12-17-2020, 08:32 PM