Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Contraband rework - Also helps with forensics, kinda!
I approve of this idea. I do agree that gloves are kind of overpowered, switching your gloves after comming a crime makes it entirely impossible to trace it back to you. I suppose that some sort of 'Contraband Gun' like the Securitron would work. Shoot it point blank at an item of your choice and they are all set to contraband.
The only issue i see is if it gets stolen. A traitor or some no good doer could just declare the very concept of existing illegal and tag absolutely everything, which would make the officer's life pure hell.
Maybe a limit to the maximum numbers of items allowed to be designated as contraband needs to be limited to prevent this behavior.
While i think its a great idea that could provide some fun gimmicks and help officers locate some specific item wielders, im unsure if it will really help the glove situation. You can simply put gloves in your backpack, wear them when you do something naughty then toss them aside when you are done. I think the glove issue has to be treated differently. I still wholeheartedly approve of your idea though.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Contraband rework - Also helps with forensics, kinda! - by Bartimeus - 11-24-2020, 03:06 PM