Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Contraband rework - Also helps with forensics, kinda!
So, Wisecrack and I got into an extended discussion on the discord about forensics, spinning off of their idea for the Kitchen Gun.  As it happens, gloves are currently kind of overpowered; it's nearly impossible to find a certain pair even if you have their ID. Wisecrack's suggestion was to have security scanners/metal detectors report the glove ID of those who pass through them, but this reminded me of an idea I and a few secoffs had last night:

Let those with Security records access alter the contraband level of items.  It would solve a lot of problems all in one broad mechanical sweep.
  • Is there a blob on station? Is Beepsky constantly arresting the heroes who are trying to stop it?  Now you can set flamethrowers and flare guns to not be contraband, until the crisis is over.  No more issues!
  • Are you trying to roleplay a funny gimmick where you declare clothes illegal? Now you can make jumpsuits level 10 contraband!  Go nuts!
  • Are you trying to find a specific pair of gloves?  You can declare specific items as contraband too- including gloves, by their forensics information!
This will make a lot of security officers' lives a little easier, while letting security and command staff lean harder into the funny stuff they can do (enforcing silly rules on the station).

Messages In This Thread
Contraband rework - Also helps with forensics, kinda! - by Monochromatism - 11-24-2020, 11:24 AM