Mentor Application - Bartimeus973
Just as a clarification, this is stricly a mentorship application, not a HoS application.

I did repair the gun, even though i dont do it that often, but i also asked for the mining department to provide me with the necessary materials. I didnt just barge in there to take the ressources then leave.

I suppose i'll also touch up on that particular situation in how i handled a changeling threat that Mara Arin mentioned.

While it is entirely true that i often try to interact with the AI as a captain, i also very frequently go to other departments to make sure they are in working order. Some examples would be setting up the engine if there are no engies/Teaching engineers or to start up a simple coal burn, making sure QM or Med is staffed and staying there if there's little/inexperience crew. One thing that'll you see me do pretty much everytime with the AI is ask it wether or not it would like a gimmick law to fill up it's free time. In the case that it wants one, i will happily oblige and add one to the lawset.

I will plead guilty to the fact that i attacked the changeling (if im not confusing it with another situation) but a bit of background is needed. While i find it way more fun to interact with the villains so that they may create interesting scenarios, such as allowing a murderous changeling to stay alive if it swears to undergo some medical experiments, there are some specific situations in which RPing is extremely difficult if not nearly impossible. In this specific case the general and security frequency was flooded with messages about a "monster" rampaging in science, when i got there the first thing i saw was a shambling abomination in a tussle with science and a security officer. Considering that the crew was in immediate danger and that the shambling abomination itself is unable to speak coherently, i drew my weapon and fired upon the beast which eventually relented. What followed was a lapse of judgment where i indeed brought the changeling in stasis up to the chapel to deal with the corpse. Ill take the entire responsibility that comes with that action.
In hindsight, borging or somehow port a brigging the changeling would've been a more interesting experience for him, i can recognize that.
One last bit about the fact that i brought up the anti biological threat weapon crate. If i recall correctly, i didnt find the need to ask security to open the armory, however an increasing number of corpses were starting to pile up. When i brought up the opportunity to grant a flamethrower or two to security, some were for, some were against. Seeing that the officers didnt want them i felt that the most engaging thing to do was to call a vote on wether or not the crate should be opened. The vote didnt pass, the crate stayed close and the round went well afterwards.

I still very much appreciate the feedback however. It helps tremendously to see where i could have been wrong and how to improve.

Messages In This Thread
Mentor Application - Bartimeus973 - by Bartimeus - 11-21-2020, 09:21 AM
RE: Mentor Application - Bartimeus973 - by Akride - 11-28-2020, 02:23 PM
RE: Mentor Application - Bartimeus973 - by Gert - 11-28-2020, 02:26 PM
RE: Mentor Application - Bartimeus973 - by Bartimeus - 11-29-2020, 03:45 AM