Mentor Application - Bartimeus973
Usual character name: Skinkcrest/Crimsoncrest/Cyancrest Smoothbrain

BYOND username: Bartimeus973

Discord username (if you are on our discord): Bartimeus

Goon servers you play: RP1 Exclusively. RP overflow in some very rare instances.

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum): I have been playing on this server for just about three month at the time of posting this application and would like to submit my application to become a mentor.
The main reason why i am submitting this form is because i find this game and specific server to be an incredibly densely packed bundle of fun that is held back by the dreaded BYOND framework and the somewhat intimidating first few hours on the server that often turn off some people. My goal as a mentor would be to help ease in those new players so that they can appreciatte the server for what it truly is and create their own interesting stories as well as the more experience players that just want some clarification on specific events or interactions.

Concerning my game experience i have played just about every job to a point where i can at least guide new players through the first steps of the job as well as try and repair the situation if it has gone badly. My primary fields of knowledge include science, mechanic and AI but i enjoy other jobs just as much. I do admit that due to my curious nature i have been 'nerding out' on fields that had the most complexity, like for instance rolling scientist often when i was learning chems or toxins, or mechanic when i was introduced to the beautiful world of Mechcomp. Lately i have mostly been playing Captain as i have felt that getting the opportunity to go around every department to help it stay in working order is immensely gratifying. There are still areas where my knowledge is lacking, but i greatly slowed down on my 'nerding out' and have since been learning new things as i randomly witness them rather than actively hunting down every bit of knowledge i could gather about it. The fact that i slowed down alot on the technical matters also means that i can now RP in a lot more indepth way, often running gimmicks and silly characters.

As a closing thought i would simply like to say that this game would not be the same without it's tight knit community and i truly wish it to live long. I know that such a community doesnt stay together or increase without offering help to newcomers and i simply wish to add my part to this edifice. 

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): None. Have been smacked on the wrist once for unlawfully turning on lethals as the AI to fire upon  a RD trying to reset a lawset that made me rogue. Also gave the AI free will as a non antagonist captain once only for it to instantly start murdering the crew. I understood that it wasnt the smartest thing to do and wont do it again.

Messages In This Thread
Mentor Application - Bartimeus973 - by Bartimeus - 11-21-2020, 09:21 AM
RE: Mentor Application - Bartimeus973 - by Akride - 11-28-2020, 02:23 PM
RE: Mentor Application - Bartimeus973 - by Gert - 11-28-2020, 02:26 PM