Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
[CLOSED PR] Construction Worker rebalance
Thumbs Down 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[REWORK][BALANCE][INPUT WANTED]
About the PR

This PR is meant to be an alternative to #2523: Instead of removing construction worker completely, it tries to balance this role and makes it less overpowered.

**List of changes:**
-Removes conworker's spacesuit, magboots, jetpack and breath mask
-Removes quite a few griefy floor textures and a LOT griefy wall textures from floor and wall planner (you can see the changes here: https://i.imgur.com/lVFpmZc.png) (and uh cave walls are back but I'm too lazy to screenshot them again)
-Removes conworker's material shaper (seriously, does anyone ever use that thing?)
-Lowers the RCDD capacity to 100
-Removes one of the matter cartridges from conworker's backpack: they start with one 100 capacity cartridge now, just so they can fill their RCDD
-Gives them mechlab access (lots of conworkers that actually like working on cool projects will appreciate this)
-Gives them EVA access as a reasonable alternative to the lack or roundstart spacesuit
-Gives them an engineering PDA

Why's this needed?
This PR will hopefully tackle the issues that people currently have with conworkers: It severly nerfs their RCDD and starting gear, hopefully discouraging them from breaking into the armory every single round and removes griefy textures from the floor planner (no more meaty floor spam, yay!) And mechlab access is a good enough incentive that should encourage conworkers to actually work on some constructions.

I wanted to make floor planner emaggable, but I don't think it is necessary, since conworkers cannot play as traitors anyway. If anyone wants to make it emaggable tho, old files that contain all the wall and floor textures are still there.

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)TTerc:
(*)Construction worker has been rebalanced! See PR for details.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS

Messages In This Thread
[CLOSED PR] Construction Worker rebalance - by github_bot - 11-09-2020, 04:00 AM
RE: [PR] Construction Worker rebalance - by GORE - 11-09-2020, 04:27 AM
RE: [PR] Construction Worker rebalance - by Caro - 11-09-2020, 05:45 AM
RE: [PR] Construction Worker rebalance - by mbc - 11-09-2020, 11:32 AM
RE: [PR] Construction Worker rebalance - by GORE - 11-09-2020, 11:54 AM
RE: [PR] Construction Worker rebalance - by GORE - 11-09-2020, 04:31 PM
RE: [PR] Construction Worker rebalance - by GORE - 12-06-2020, 04:51 PM
RE: [PR] Construction Worker rebalance - by Caro - 12-08-2020, 02:08 AM