Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Map im working on: CROSSTATION
I like the map, layout is nice and clear. Would probably be easy to learn and remember where everything is.

Couple suggestions/concerns I have:
Public access maint. Right now I don't see any way for, say, a staff assistant to access maint. There's the one access up near escape but other than that, if you walked into maint you'd be stuck until you do a full loop. Imagine right now, you're a staff assistant running from security. You run down the hall and want to escape into maintenance. To get into maint you'd have to run all the way to escape or one of the crew quarters areas and enter maint there. From there you only have one or two places to go, you can't bolt out a door back into the halls.

Loooooooots of deadspace. You'd going to have a fun time filling up the large open spaces with stuff. Bridge, research, medbay, escape. All of those areas have a LOT of open space that will feel strange. Escape especially. I'm not sure why you have it that large unless you're planning on having a custom escape shuttle. Most of the normal shuttles are quite narrow. Plus there's a ton of open space below the dock. Having room for multiple coworkers is nice, having to physically run across the room to ask them a question isn't as nice.

Use more glass doors. This is a very personal liking of mine, but I love having glass airlocks on public facing hallways so you can see into departments. Places like the brig could also use glass airlocks. You want to be able to see into the cells so you don't have to open the door.

Similarly with glass airlocks, windows. I love stations where you can actually see into departments. Add in blinds if they want privacy.

Messages In This Thread
Map im working on: CROSSTATION - by Rilor - 11-05-2020, 08:32 PM
RE: Map im working on: CROSSTATION - by Carbadox - 11-06-2020, 03:44 AM
RE: Map im working on: CROSSTATION - by Rilor - 11-06-2020, 09:13 PM
RE: Map im working on: CROSSTATION - by Sord213 - 11-07-2020, 11:10 AM
RE: Map im working on: CROSSTATION - by Rilor - 11-07-2020, 07:55 PM
RE: Map im working on: CROSSTATION - by aft2001 - 11-07-2020, 08:04 PM