Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[PR] Removes unintended advantages/disadvantages of player monkeys caused by ismon...
Information 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[BALANCE][INPUT WANTED]
About the PR
Changes multiple `ismonkey()` checks to `istype(M, /mob/living/carbon/human/npc/monkey)` checks, so player monkeys aren't treated exactly the same as npc monkeys for better or worse, by some of the code. The exact list is below, a plus means I've changed it to this, a minus means I can change it to do so, but chose not to. Depending on feedback, certain parts may be changed.

+Werewolves can maul player monkeys and get the same amount of points as from a human
+Hunters can take skulls from player monkeys and get the same amount of points as from a human
+Vampires can drink player monkey blood
+Blobs get 4 evo points from player monkeys instead of 1 like npc monkeys
+Changelings can absorb player monkeys
+Player monkeys can get appendicits from the random event
+Player monkeys fill activators when they're used on them
+Player monkeys provide the activation bonus for genetics when their mutations are activated
+Player monkeys can interact with bot navigation beacons
+Player monkeys show up on playing cards
-Player monkeys can't be forcibly meatspiked, fried, and grilled
-Player monkeys don't become regular robots when forcibly borged via an artifact/nanites
-Player monkeys set off tripwires when trespassing
-Player monkey corpses can be turned into skeletons by wizards

Why's this needed?
A lot of the `ismonkey()` checks were there to prevent people farming npc monkeys for certain purposes, and changing it to a check for if its an npc or not should still serve this purpose, while getting rid of any advantages/disadvantages the `ismonkey()` checks gave player monkeys. I assume these applying to player monkeys were either unintended, or not considered during coding.

Changelog

Code:
(u)TrustworthyFella:
(+)Player monkeys are no longer affected by code designed with npc monkeys in mind

PULL REQUEST DETAILS

Messages In This Thread
[PR] Removes unintended advantages/disadvantages of player monkeys caused by ismon... - by github_bot - 10-19-2020, 04:58 AM