Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OMG Admin Triggered podfight mode when?
I really like the concept. And I'd definitely be willing to try it out as an admin round. For a test, there really wouldn't be any code changes needed, but I can think of some small desirable ones like:
- showing pods that contain a friendly pilot or different standard pod colour.
-Defense turrets for hostile pods/spacemen on each ship (I think this could actually be necessary to prevent easy stomps).
- Possibly remove warp drives, or change them a bit so they are harder to cheese escape with.
- Slow down pods considerably, and don't add any jetpacks to the maps or fabricators.
- Spawn everyone pre-clone scanned with a medical implant.

It could be like NTSO vs Syndicate, but remove jetpacks and powerful guns/weapons so it HAS to use pods.

But the only thing we'd actually *need* to test it out is a map. I don't muck about with mapping, but the contruction mode ship could be a good base to copy for the two ships.

Another bigger update to make it more playable, would be designing more pod equipment to make combat more enjoyable. MBC's pod inertia change helped a lot, but weapons are pretty bland, I wanted to add sheilds to pods, but things always got in the way.

But all that aside, pod combat is rather bland. Pods move too fast and the screen view is too small. And there's not enough variety in offensive/defensive/movement options for pods. But if we tried this out, maybe we'll get some cool ideas for what to improve.

Messages In This Thread
RE: OMG Admin Triggered podfight mode when? - by kyle2143 - 10-13-2020, 11:20 PM