Vampirate mentor app don't laugh.
The only reason I applied is cause I heard a lot of mentors weren't even answering questions, tbh, and like... I constantly answer questions. Isn't that the main focus of a mentor? not the world views, which can be vairable, but like... willingness to reach out and help players who need helping and want to learn? Like if the cool zone was set up to be an inclusive place but like... anyone there less than militant left was shouted down. I have a hard time viewing the world in terms of monsters and not monsters... like I said, I'm a pacifist lgbt Bernie Bro and still not left enough. My political views tend to be oversensitive... like I wanna believe the best of everyone and hope everyone gets a fair shake. My political views should also not factor in in my opinion, particularly since for the most part ... I am more progressive than your average bear. Like I said, excluding people who don't meet a singular mindset just silences them... or occasionally causes a mass exodus.

I mean, ding me on how I react to things if you want. Or how I've approached the game... but "I don't like their worldview" when I'm not a white supremacist, anti-lgbt, or anything close is kinda.... I dunno. Is it something that should be here? Is your average moderate's instructions "if you wanna be a mentor don't state your world view"? Like, I am well left of moderate... I've stopped expressing my political views or any empathy for anyone moderate or right winged in Goon cause that was made clear it wasn't a welcome point of view... It just feels like ... I dunno. I love the community, I'mma leave it alone. I just think yall might wanna address that approach before "Why we left" 2.0 happens. I'm the wrong person to be saying cause I came back in on the aftermath of that. I've just been focusing, especially since the cool zone thing, on being helpful to people and having chill conversations about games. Yall might noticed I stopped posting in general for the most part too.

If you're going for welcoming, I think you missed the mark. I hate that my thread became a discussion on the cool zone. I avoided posting a thread on it cause I was like "it's their decision, if that's how they wanna run things. It's one chatroom and discussion there only made me feel bleak anyway" People actually playing with me seem to have given positive feedback so far. People who don't like what I said in chill zone haven't so I dunno.

(10-13-2020, 08:21 AM)Studenterhue Wrote: I bring up the cool-zone conduct for similar reasons Urs bought it up (though she has her own reasons that it'd be best for her herself to explain). Whether people intend it or recognize it or not, mentors represent the community, and if there's some sort of conflict with a particular part of the community, that's cause for concern. If someone had a tendency to mock people's code in imcoder or insult people for their sprites in imspriter, I'd be raising similar concerns on their mentor app. Even if that person does not plan to share code or sprite advice over mentorhelp, they, as a Goonstation "ambassador", would not be representing the things we value. On the same token, if someone had a tendency to make discussions heated to people's detriment, even if they did not intend it, that would be worth at least considering and looking into, regardless of who's in the right or wrong.

Anyways, I've been deliberately avoiding addressing Vampirate's opinions about the cool-zone for similar reasons to popecrunch recommending making a new thread. They're related to the matters bought up, but whether they're legitimate or not are a little outside of the topic of "would Vampirate be a good mentor?".

To close, I want to say that, like Podrick and Flaborized said, the standards are a lot higher for you because of your overall history. You gotta prove to people that the "jerk that got sploded multiple times" Vampirate is not the Vampirate that's applying for mentor, and that's gonna take a lot of work to convince people that, I'm afraid. You gotta basically be perfect. And well, perhaps it could change in the future, but like them, I'm not convinced, so I can't give a Yes to the app.
I can respect that feedback. Like I said in my app, I wasn't even convinced i should be a mentor with my history and my rough edges, but people kept saying apply. People I interact with within the game, and people I've helped so I thought I'd post it. I am pretty sure it's denied, and will always be denied but I thought I'd try. I can continue to help players out how I am now, and for me that's good enough.

Messages In This Thread
Vampirate mentor app don't laugh. - by vampirate - 10-11-2020, 04:31 PM
RE: Vampirate mentor app don't laugh. - by Caro - 10-11-2020, 11:37 PM
RE: Vampirate mentor app don't laugh. - by Chayot - 10-12-2020, 01:33 PM
RE: Vampirate mentor app don't laugh. - by vampirate - 10-13-2020, 08:31 AM