Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Reroll player traits upon cloning
Remember how the current cloning method came about because everyone was complaining about the old cloning method, that being caused by tick lag n such... I find it a little ironic.

I'll concede and agree that current cloning is incredibly good, but messing with traits is just a huge NO NO in my eyes, I mean the person already has to decide what they want to have and what they choose to balance out their positives. Traits have also very recently been linked to mutantraces, and specifically skeleton comes to my mind for this, because it's just as bad as puritan in that you can't be cloned at all.

Personally I think just nerfing the actual cloning process to not involve pre-cloned bodies is the best way to go, considering this just enables even more shenanigans with vampires/changelings being able to get free food, but I'm probably in the minority on this.

I do want to mention that maybe our current medical system is very punishing to victims and patients, and overbearing for doctors. Currently getting about -200 is pretty much instant death for anyone, and having almost any of your organs almost dead or dead is equally instant death from the actually insane amount of toxin damage it racks up, outpacing most tox healing methods and chems. Maybe if we want our doctors to be doctoring instead of cloning, we should look at the overall flaws in the current medical system as well, and consider how actually difficult it is to heal certain conditions that are more common than others.

After all this then I would say Sundance and gleb09's direction is the next best step towards this, but I think that these conditions need be reasonably quick or timed out enough that it doesn't make the person have to wait say 20 minutes to be fixed, because that's an incredibly long amount of time for the main and main overflow servers, and it should also be something that can't be used to completely disable the cloned person, because that would make an antag's murderspree just that much easier for them with less consequence and worry about someone they killed coming back.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reroll player traits upon cloning - by sodly - 10-03-2020, 09:18 PM
RE: Reroll player traits upon cloning - by Mouse - 10-04-2020, 10:22 AM
RE: Reroll player traits upon cloning - by gleb09 - 10-04-2020, 03:31 PM
RE: Reroll player traits upon cloning - by gleb09 - 10-04-2020, 01:37 PM
RE: Reroll player traits upon cloning - by gleb09 - 10-04-2020, 04:14 PM
RE: Reroll player traits upon cloning - by gleb09 - 10-04-2020, 04:35 PM
RE: Reroll player traits upon cloning - by Drago156 - 10-04-2020, 05:22 PM
RE: Reroll player traits upon cloning - by Mouse - 10-05-2020, 06:18 AM
RE: Reroll player traits upon cloning - by gleb09 - 10-05-2020, 04:45 PM
RE: Reroll player traits upon cloning - by Mouse - 10-06-2020, 07:56 AM
RE: Reroll player traits upon cloning - by gleb09 - 10-06-2020, 07:58 AM