Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[PR] New Boss: S.W.O.R.D.
(10-22-2020, 04:08 PM)Nebulacrity Wrote:
(10-22-2020, 01:31 PM)nefarious6th Wrote: Snipped
I can cut down the chances to 0.1%, or, say, 0.05% if needed.
Note that there's an alternate way of activating it:
You can get a signaller, put some more wires in it, multitool it, apply a metal sheet and wrench it to make a Makeshift Syndicate Signaller. Then you gotta fill it with 8 nodes of metadata - you can use Syndicate Circuit Boards on it to add 1 node per board (frying said board in the process), or go out off-station to kill drones. Any non-aquatic drones that die while the MSS is on the same Z-level as them will add 1 node to it as well.
Thoughts?

I didn't want to be too mean with my initial thoughts, just wanted to flesh out everything I was thinking of; I genuinely enjoy mining on Goon, but also would look forward to this as an additional event so long as I could prepare for it better (whether that's through having it activated only in a kind of intentional way, like a Sol run, or having it activated expressly on the Main servers, where I have to conscientiously be okay with joining and the round potentially being higher-stress, like a nuclear round).

I love the Signaller a lot! That way it's more intentional that someone is trying to spawn it. I mean, I do think something like this spawning on a nuclear round would be funny as all heck, I just wouldn't want it to be too frequent, so I think a 0.05% chance on the QT asteroids would be good to allow for some interesting stories, but not ones that are overplayed either. It's maybe out of the purview of this initial PR for it, but it might also be worthwhile to turn off the spawning from the magnet on the RP servers and only make it initiated by the Signaller.

I like the Signaller a lot though. I think it makes sense in context too; you have either a traitor inside of the station trying to contact the device for some bigger nefarious plans, or you have a well-meaning NT crewmember who has to spoof a Signaller to bring the device to the station.

Again, I like mob variety, and I think a new boss can really help flesh out the game better. I also like having more options on whether to engage those bosses or not, and I think the Signaller provides that opportunity to choose whether you want to partake in that adventure.

Messages In This Thread
[PR] New Boss: S.W.O.R.D. - by Nebulacrity - 09-30-2020, 04:07 PM
RE: [Future PR] Syndicate Retribution event. Help wanted. - by nefarious6th - 10-22-2020, 04:22 PM
RE: [PR] New Boss: S.W.O.R.D. - by Nebulacrity - 02-10-2021, 01:52 AM
RE: [PR] New Boss: S.W.O.R.D. - by Katzen - 02-10-2021, 06:16 AM
RE: [PR] New Boss: S.W.O.R.D. - by Nebulacrity - 02-10-2021, 06:52 AM
RE: [PR] New Boss: S.W.O.R.D. - by Nebulacrity - 02-20-2021, 05:00 PM
RE: [PR] New Boss: S.W.O.R.D. - by Nebulacrity - 02-22-2021, 05:35 PM
RE: [PR] New Boss: S.W.O.R.D. - by Nebulacrity - 03-09-2021, 02:35 PM