Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let light switches and APCs give off light
Thread title. 

It's extremely frustrating in pitch dark light when someone, whether purposefully or not flips the switch and your wading around in the darkness trying to find the light switch. Often times people just assume the lights are broken.

The light switch should give off a faint ambient light when powered. And by faint, I mean you could make it out in the murkiness, but it's not going to be lighting up the hallway. Something like halve the light of a glow stick, or the ambient glow of a computer. 

In a similar manner, APCs should also give off an ambient light, to the exact same degree. If in the busted state, they would logically give off no light. This time it's when your in Maintenance, which is always dark. 

These two changes would make pitch black darkness a little more workable, without changing the basis of how darkness works. I could've made this in the other thread, but I felt this simple change warranted a separate thread.

Hecking, I had a feeling this was already suggested

https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=12251

What's confusing is that this is already a Good Idea, but light switches and APCs are definitely not giving off light currently so something is amiss. 

So perhaps this is actually a bug or oversight?

Messages In This Thread
Let light switches and APCs give off light - by Sundance - 09-30-2020, 07:18 AM