Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Server wide vote on extending round/shift on RP server
Hey there folks, I've noticed on numerous occasions that people sometimes play on Goon rp because of the 2 hour rounds allowing them to do more complex projects or other goals (my favourite thus far is a loafer that was built in cargo by engineering on manta) . 
Regardless, it's situations like this and the rarity of heads of staff being willing to recall the shuttle even when the station is in good nick or the difficulty in gauging if they should extend when asking the crew.  It has happened more then once where the captain or H.O.P asks on radio whether or not to extend the shift or calls a vote and maybe 5 people on a 50+ server even respond. 

So I have a couple of suggestions on this, maybe integrate a vote on the desired length of the next round like how the map vote works. This would mean a vote wouldn't distract people currently playing or force someone to stay or leave without finishing the round (a possibility of the conclusion of such a vote near the end of the round) . Alternatively have the vote before the natural shift ending. 

If I figure out the language behind goonstation I might turn this into a PR thread, though I'm nervous about diving into a code base I dont understand too well in an engine I don't know either. I say this should be for goon rp as from what I've discussed with folks on discord the non rp people wouldn't be into potentially longer rounds like this, and find 2 hours unwieldy (while personally I feel they are almost too short when I'm trying to seriously experiment or do a project). What do you all think?

Messages In This Thread
Server wide vote on extending round/shift on RP server - by arcticmog - 09-25-2020, 08:32 PM