Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Identity doctoring - Plastic Surgery
Premise:
There are three widely occuring methods of having your identity obscured:

1. Acid Burns - whether it be an chem happy scientist or a less lovable alien lifeform turning you into an "Unknown"
2. Failed cloning - giving you the prefix "Sorta", "Almost", "Kinda", i.e: "Kinda Sundance Feely"
3. Stable Mutagen - Giving you the identity of someone else, however AFAIK your blood DNA remains the same.

There's probably another obscure one i'm missing (Rotting?), but i'll continue.

The issue with all of these is that they are untreatable. But this is science fiction, we can staple arms back onto people without any residual scar tissue or nerve damage, so why can't this be fixed?

Proposal: 
Plastic surgery. With this change you can now get your old identity back with surgical tools. That's it, no need for fancy additions. There are a few caveats, but we'll cover that after the method.

Method:
Using the Help Intent while targeting the Head, use the following method:
[Image: Scalpel.png] (Uses the same message as normal)
[Image: Surgical_Scissors.png] ("NAME starts to slice away at the excess tissue")
[Image: Scalpel.png] ("NAME begins to carefully reconfigure TARGET's face with the scalpel")*

*The final step will create a 10 second Action Bar.

Successful surgery will restore your old identity. 

Caveats:
1. Self Surgery has a notably high failure rate for this kind of surgery, so opt for a doc to do it for you if possible. 
2. Being interrupted during the action bar sequence will half restore the identity, adding a "Kinda, Sorta, etc" prefix on the target. This will always occur with self surgery. This doesn't really matter for failed clones, so just start the process again.
3. While this will remove the prefix for failed clones, this won't fix their reduced HP cap, the vomiting of blood, etc. Sorry folks, i'm a plastic surgeon not a miracle worker!

Further musings:
While the premise of this thread is mainly to offer an idea for a treatment, there could be further things to do if a coder is willing. Example would be to replace the final step with a Saw instead of a scalpel, removing the targets face entirely. Whether that be a barbaric punishment or if you want to RP as Death In The Family Joker, that's up for debate. Really though, I'd much prefer for actual medical treatment to be looked at first.

Messages In This Thread
Identity doctoring - Plastic Surgery - by Sundance - 09-21-2020, 03:51 PM