Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Make the uplink nukies can buy a utility credit instead of a loadout one.
So is this like all...? Doesn't feel like this suggestion's very well thought-out....Like, the nukie loadouts were all designed and balanced around the opportunity cost of 12 TC, i.e. a class crate would have to be equal or greater in power to whatever 12TC of equipment on a generic, semi-restricted uplink would get you. So, I'm just saying, it might not be a good idea to suddenly reverse that whole thing and give them ability to have it anyways. And I feel like they would get the uplink, for I think it outshines fanny pack, two rockets, and other items of the category. That's not getting into all the potentially unbalanced combos, like infilitrator with their cloaking device getting a c-saber.

To me, uplink's the "sacrifice firepower for useful stuff" option, like how medic's "sacrifice firepower for good medical supplies". So I think maybe instead it should lean into that by having lots of useful stuff . Maybe some all-job items should be buyable in nuke (looking at you, surplus crate). Or it could get unique items. To spitball some ideas: armor that gives nuke more health and a weak turret, machine that converts an operative into a syndicate cyborg with options for extra weapons if you spend the TC, disguise kit that also adds you to crew manifest, or a fake bomb that makes a fake announcement.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Make the uplink nukies can buy a utility credit instead of a loadout one. - by Studenterhue - 09-18-2020, 10:15 AM