Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
Remove gang from rotation entirely
The issue of direction in gang is a big one - I'd say the current situation is fairly similar to what goes on in GMod's DarkRP, with a lot of camping for cash followed by people acting out against whoever they can with all the gear they stockpiled. 

There's quite a few issues with the current points generation:
 - There's not much instant gratification in making more points, and you can do it better just taking hidden areas
 - There's no limit to tags, meaning gangs end up tagging more than they can track, reducing conflict
 - High priority targets are a crapshoot and don't feel worthwhile

There are some things I think are good, but could be improved:
 - Making a druglab is a cool concept, but it encourages sitting idly in the middle of nowhere
 - The gang lockers are also nice, but their point pool being shared is a common issue when one player can scoff it down.

Things I do like:
 - I do actually think the kidnapping objective is good.
 - High priority targets are a good idea to direct gangs to an out of the way spot for conflicts.

I think there's room improving gang tags: 
 - Make tags occasionally do a LOS check and provide a bonus based on non-braindead people who can see it, ensuring gang members want to keep it intact.
 - Make spray bottles consumable, so that players only have enough tags to keep track of and make them need to take care of it.
 - Provide spray bottles as rewards for participating in objectives

To throw my suggestions in:
 - Add more opportunities for gang conflict. More random, timed objectives.
 - Reward gangs who participate in conflict with instant benefits! A previous suggestion I had was changing High Priority zones so that they dropped a briefcase/crate after X minutes that could only be opened near a gang locker. These crates could be packed with goodies of different levels of power that increases as the round goes on. 
 - Randomly generated Mob Overlord names

Messages In This Thread
Remove gang from rotation entirely - by Mouse - 09-14-2020, 08:09 AM
RE: Remove gang from rotation entirely - by pali6 - 09-14-2020, 08:26 AM
RE: Remove gang from rotation entirely - by zcrow - 09-14-2020, 09:06 AM
RE: Remove gang from rotation entirely - by zcrow - 09-14-2020, 10:34 AM
RE: Remove gang from rotation entirely - by TDHooligan - 09-15-2020, 09:50 AM