Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Economy Rework Part 1: Wages and Vending Machines
(09-07-2020, 08:44 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: Honestly the only thing I ever buy from the machines is Highpowered flashlight modules. So I have no idea about the other things. Oh also gene modifications but those prices are set by genetics so I dunno

Yep, that's one of my main points. But there's many avenues you can approach here by locking stuff behind paywalls that is a net gain for the station, so long as you have dollah dollah billz. We need to be smart about it. Gene modifications is an excellent example of how people can buy things and how that money benefits geneticists.

Here's some spitballing:

- Add an oxygen vendor to the arrival shuttle, with a number of emergency oxygen tanks starting empty. If you use my above example of people starting with subsidies, then latejoiners could grab some oxygen worry free... for a price.

- Replace the chemical storage locker with a chemical vender. This would be balanced by the fact that the vendor has more base chemicals than the locker... for a price.

- The Medivend and the Garden gear could have options for better chems/botany stuff... for a price. There is already a price thing already implemented here, it's that everything is priced at zero. Hacking the machine to malfunction will not spit out priced goods.

- Higher priced foods, drinks and smokes come with the benefit of being very nutritious (giving you generous buffs) and addiction free (in terms of smokes and coffee)... for a price.

- Rockblox is excellent, as was genetic stuff. But while the latter does feed back into the genetic budget, the former only goes back into the Miners pockets. Thing is, Miners never really need to buy stuff, this could be looked into.

- All money spent in vendors go directly into Shipping budget (where does the money go actually). This creates a feedback loop.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Economy Rework Part 1: Wages and Vending Machines - by Sundance - 09-07-2020, 09:15 AM