Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.83 Average
Masked's Rough Ling Rework Concept
I'm going to be selfish and I am going to bump this because I think that there is still valuable discussion to be had regarding Lings and I was reminded over it due to some very particular rounds lately, and maybe some new eyes will see and take an interest in this.

Lately i've been seeing a lot more "ultra" stealth Lings and they really aren't fun at all to deal with, you have the entirety of Security and other regulars running around desperately trying to find the ling until eventually the shuttle comes and theres a shambler on the shuttle.

In some rarer other situations sometimes you get a very robust player as a Ling and they just run around with the tendril arm and beat the absolute hell out of everyone - which can be a bit entertaining but in it's own way it still a little bit bland at times.

Critters are still relatively useless and a waste of dna points and time. They suffer from the same issues antag critters have where they don't benefit from a crit state like humans, can't really heal themselves, and are just kind of meh. Once again I am going to say that it would be a much more engaging hivemind for Ling rounds to be more of a spreading infestation of monsters instead of one single person.

Double down on the paranoia and disguise-causing. There's only so much a single person can do. Argurably all my ideas up the intensity of Ling rounds to more of a major threat, but eh, I still think it's fun. Anyways i'm going to go make a revamp document of ideas and post it later. Still curious what anyone else has opinions on maybe implimenting even some of these ideas?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Masked's Rough Ling Rework Concept - by Mouse - 10-01-2020, 04:29 AM
RE: Masked's Rough Ling Rework Concept - by Kira - 10-07-2020, 10:12 AM
RE: Masked's Rough Ling Rework Concept - by TheMaskedMan2 - 01-20-2021, 11:35 AM
RE: Masked's Rough Ling Rework Concept - by Rilor - 01-28-2021, 07:04 AM
RE: Masked's Rough Ling Rework Concept - by Rilor - 04-27-2021, 02:20 PM