Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Make brain damage randomly delete messages to simulate memory loss.
(08-19-2020, 07:17 AM)cyberTripping Wrote: Regardless of it being an ahelp issue, would this actually be fun for anyone? I can't help but feel like this would just be incredibly annoying, and not in a fun way like the clown, but in the miserable way like when you have to click unnecessary popups or refocus windows.

edit: referring to the memory loss, i have no opinion on the stun one way or another

This might just be me, but I find the concept fun. I like limitations to work with, because it's overcoming and finding workarounds that's rewarding.

I think the arguments against deleting text are valid, but I think there's other ways to handle it that avoid those concerns, such as the suggestion to make it harder to read.

What I think is neat about this is that it's not a mechanic like a microstun that limits your abilities, but instead a limitation on the information you get, by making it unreliable.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Make brain damage randomly delete messages to simulate memory loss. - by Frank_Stein - 08-19-2020, 09:48 AM