Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Add a table-mounted defibrillator to the security department
(08-08-2020, 10:26 AM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: I've been an advocate for extending the inspector gadget-y-ness of the detective to his ammunition since forever but I think it should go in it's own thread.

Back on the topic of a shocky table though, I think having a mini-medbay in security would be really useful, adding a table and a locker for emergency medical supplies (obviously in limited amounts as to only be helpful a few times before medbay is necessary)

Most if not all security rooms have a medkit assortment already too. My idea here is definitely not to give security their own medbooth with a nanomed and such, as that takes away from the importance of medbay itself, but to stabilize a critical patient who can then safely be transported to medbay/medbooth or wait for a doc to arrive. A defib is essential in that role where previously you could just use one of the stun batons that were hiding in a locker or sitting in a recharger that someone forgot about.

This wouldn't be near as much of an issue if we had a paramedic job or if docs were more comfortable leaving medbay, but outside of a few excellent MDs or competent mediborgs that I've seen, it's very rare to have a medic respond to an emergency call.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Add a table-mounted defibrillator to the security department - by makkipakki - 08-08-2020, 10:48 AM