HoS App - xRev
Readster Wrote:I can't say I've seen you around a whole lot personally, so my opinion is going to be mostly based on this application for now, though I will be looking out for you ingame more.

The first real problem I have is this idea that the job of the HoS is to uphold space law. Now I'm sure this is the HoS' main job on other servers, but I wouldn't really say that's what it is here. The job of a HoS is to make sure security is behaving, and that the antagonists are having fun rounds too. It's less about protocol and more about fun.

Now let me outline a few things here.

xRev Wrote:I will always do my best to be as serious as I can.
While this is good, being constantly serious as a HoS is not really needed, and actually could be detrimental as you become more focused on handling a situation in a serious way, rather than a fun way.

xRev Wrote:and I will always follow the rules and guidelines given to me. I will make sure that the officers do the actual job of capturing traitors and other criminals, and that I will keep them in line, not the other way around.
The first part of this is good, though I don't really know who would be giving you rules and guidelines outside of the actual rules and guidelines of the server. The second part worries me a bit as the job of sec really isn't to capture criminals, it's mainly just to keep order. Heck, I'm usually happy if I end a HoS round without having to drag a single person back to the brig. As for the last part, that's a good attitude to have when it comes to controlling sec.

xRev Wrote:Like I said before, my experience with Space Law (though this is unofficial, it will come in handy)
Although it's good to keep in mind, I'd try not to follow space law to closely. Here it's more or less up to the HoS what the law is. From what I understand space law encourages brigging for stuff like assault and theft, which I wouldn't advise here. (Though if you can make it fun for the involved parties there's no problem with it)

Other than all that I'd say you would be fitting for the role. I'll give a yes provided you understand the HoS isn't the upholder of the law, but the upholder of fun and isn't a super serious role. Maybe observe how some of the current HoS' play and you'll get an idea for what I mean.

Hey, thanks for replying!
Let me get a few things straight.

1. With 'I will always do my best to be as serious as I can.' I mean that I won't be acting as a clown.

2. What I mean with the second part you quoted of me, is that I won't be doing the officers' job.

3. On the third part you quoted of me, (though this is unofficial, it will come in handy), which exactly states what you say. I won't handle everything of it, but I can take parts of it that come in handy.

Messages In This Thread