Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
Revert the Security Requistion Vendor
As the title suggests, I am proposing that the current Security Requisition Vendor that each security member must now spend their new tokens at for equipment be reverted. These vendors drastically cut the amount of available security supplies to not just Security but also the entirety of the station, seeing as they are now the only way outside of QM to collect a taser, baton, or security belt. Not only this but they also make it so only Security or anyone who robs security of their tokens can actually obtain these said items. It's something that all in all in my opinion makes security officers now way more vulnerable before they reach security and makes combat very limited in your options if say you were non-security, as you can no longer raid security for stun equipment. It can also be frustrating trying to get your stuff from the machine or choose what you want and someone else makes the choice or takes your stuff, and I think this system is also confusing for newer players who wouldn't know what to do to get their equipment.

I get the whole idea of class stuff for Security is pretty important and big to some, but this really isn't the way to do it. The vendor is kind of one thing with nukies, who have way more options and variety available to them, but Security is built upon tasers and batons, and not much else. Maybe if this was WAY more fleshed out and didn't severely cripple the station in terms of equipment then it wouldn't be so bad, but I think for now this needs to be thought through a bit more.

Also, HoS no longer spawns with a taser, making them completely vulnerable bar one flash, which is also kind of annoying and even further shows how restrictive the handing out of stun equipment is with this.

Messages In This Thread
Revert the Security Requistion Vendor - by Drago156 - 07-02-2020, 12:51 AM