Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Complaint Sageacrin-LLJK 6/7/20
Quote:SageAcrin/Escha Thermic -> Maskoff/space kea
You just lied to my face. What do you think I think of that, as an admin?
Goonstation ADMINPM
Maskoff/space kea -> SageAcrin/Escha Thermic
it said "do you want to be an antagonist mid round" or somethng i said yes and then i became a bird i figured that was it
Goonstation ADMINPM
Maskoff/space kea -> SageAcrin/Escha Thermic
what did i lie about
Goonstation ADMINPM
[12:46 AM]
SageAcrin/Escha Thermic -> Maskoff/space kea
Ooooh. Weird timing.
Goonstation ADMINPM

You never, ever got a popup saying you were an antagonist-you really, really did lie to my face straight up in that regard. Maybe you misunderstood the question I was asking, though, and that lie was an accident.

(Edit: The phrasology of this part got discussed a lot by several admins; is it really a lie if someone misunderstands the question? I was thinking it was more kind to say "Someone lied to me by negliegence-not reading what I was asking" than say "you were wrong like three minutes ago, what say you"-and a lot less condescending. However, on the idea of tone-perhaps not? Hopefully you get the idea, with the note, that I mostly just mean "you did not answer my question as asked with the knowledge you should have had based on our conversation".)

You did, however, get an antag popup saying you had a chance to be an antag, then well past the normal time, you were part of a group of people made into birds. Hence my reaction of "Ooooooh. Weird timing." In which I immediately switched around my tone. I should indeed have been more verbose with you, but I was trying to clear up multiple issues at once.

Now I could have taken that as a constructed excuse on your part to do murder. It's possible indeed that it was. But I choose not to because I do. Still choose not to in fact.

As to your comments-you were not an antagonist and if you'd read that popup, the idea that you, as a crowd of four birds and one wasp, were all the one antagonist, might have been suspect and worth asking admins before you started beating people to death. As I said, it was a little odd that you jumped straight to the murder-let alone killing multiple people... But, again; no skin off my nose, this isn't something that went into your notes or I considered banning you for, I just wanted some answers. I'm sorry my tone upset you, but I don't feel any major mistakes were made for accusing your of jumping the gun straight to murder-you should not have.

I do feel some ones were made though on the end where the exploit is concerned, and I hope I addressed that-I legitimately regret accusing you of exploiting when, apparently, literally anyone can mash a damn mouse right now and do that. I was not aware of that, and I apologize.

Also I'm not sure how I'm condescending. I'm trying to go as straight from point A to B on this as possible-in response to the last few times I've had people call me condescending. vOv

I do come across as harsh, and I apologize. But generally speaking I'm more worried about people getting killed than the people killing them, and somehow this gets people ticked at me. Go figure. What I want to do usually is resolve things as fast as I can so I can heal people and we can all continue normally-time consumed is people who don't know to APM not getting revived and losing their round, or spending 20 minutes dead as I log dive.

Edit 2: On more discussion, I'm adding an octopus in a top hat to this, in the hopes that literally anything makes me less goddamn stern seeming, because fuck sometimes I come across like a rock statue.

[Image: Screenshot_20200605-135829_Gallery.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Complaint Sageacrin-LLJK 6/7/20 - by boiler - 06-06-2020, 10:04 PM
RE: Complaint Sageacrin-LLJK 6/7/20 - by SageAcrin - 06-06-2020, 11:12 PM