Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Goonstation Monthly Contest: February Edition!
Star 
Welcome to February everyone! 

In order to revitalize the economy and prevent spacemen from hoarding all their precious spacebux, for this month's contest, we'd like to invite you to suggest more spacebux rewards. To make a submission, please fill out the simple form below. 

Reward name (as displayed in the purchase menu):
Reward cost:
Reward: 

And, like, that's it! You're done! 

Extremely silly or unreasonable submissions will be disqualified, so please don't suggest things like bringing poo back for one million spacebux. Voting again is as usual. Instead of three winners, though, we'll have five. And every winner will not only receive the usual sticker + medal, but also have their reward suggestion guaranteed to be added ingame, and 100k spacebux!

If you think this contest is particularly cool or good, please thank Firebarrage, as he suggested this month's theme. Please also thank everyone who voted for it in our very unofficial "what should February's contest be" Discord poll! If you have any ideas or suggestions yourself, please reach out on Discord and let us know! 

Q: Can I suggest rewards involving new items/mechanics (things that are not in the codebase)?
A: Yes, but only if you provide the necessary assets (sprites + sounds). If your submission requires a significant amount of code (e.g. more than like 30 minutes) then you should submit some code for your idea. This should take the form of a proc of the form "proc/my_bux_reward(var/mob/M)" that transforms the mob M according to your idea. If you don't know how to code or how long your idea would take feel free to ask around in #imcoder. Keep in mind though that this doesn't guarantee your suggestion being added to the game (unless you win!). 

Q: How many suggestions can I make?
A: As many as you want. All your suggestions will be considered. However, only one will go to the voting phase for a shot at prizes, so please make it clear which one that is. If you don't, I'll just choose one using my own discretion.

Q: What makes a good spacebux purchase suggestion?
A: Something that adds flavor and fun to the game, but doesn't have a huge effect on how the round will play out or give the purchaser too much of an advantage over other players at roundstart. So, while a lunchbox of nutritious food is okay, a pack of stims isn't.

Messages In This Thread
Goonstation Monthly Contest: February Edition! - by Flourish - 02-04-2020, 09:56 AM