Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Some thoughts on wraith
Bumping this because I have more thoughts on wraith and I'd probably end up linking it anyways.

One thing I've been thinking about is Haunt.  It typically only gets used early on by wraiths, since their WP regen will eventually outweigh what they get from haunting, and a corporeal wraith is incredibly vulnerable.  Even early on it tends to just get used in space outside the monkey pen on Cog1, to maximize WP gain while minimizing people actually noticing it.

What I feel wraiths need is incentives to use Haunt, and to do so in a way that actually involves them haunting.  For simplicity, it might be best to just fold all of this into being corporeal, so a wraith that moves over salt can also do things other than running around in circles as people chase it.

The first idea I have is to give corporeal wraiths an actual attack.  Touch someone to cool them down a bit, deal a small amount of burn damage, heal a bit, and maybe generate some WP as well.  That way, manifesting in the halls won't be quite the death sentence and/or farcical routine it is now, since you can fight back and the healing means that you can go toe to toe with an unarmed opponent.  I feel this will also give an incentive to manifest, since as wraith I often find myself waiting for the RNG to finish off someone in crit so I can eat them.  If you gave me a way to damage them directly beyond throwing stuff at them for minimal brute, I'd use it even if it made me more vulnerable.

The second idea is to make manifesting more noticeable.  In addition to the chat message, anyone who sees a wraith manifest could *scream.  Maybe they could have a small chance of dropping what they're holding from fright.

Also, I feel like corporeal wraiths should be able to move in space.  It just feels wrong that they can't.

Beyond this there's a few minor QoL things I think wraiths could use, like the toggle lighting/health indicator that ghosts have.  It makes sense that wraiths would be able to see in the dark and tell how close someone is to death.

Messages In This Thread
Some thoughts on wraith - by Mouse - 01-23-2020, 08:45 AM
RE: Some thoughts on wraith - by Zamujasa - 01-23-2020, 12:37 PM
RE: Some thoughts on wraith - by Drago156 - 01-23-2020, 02:49 PM
RE: Some thoughts on wraith - by Nnystyxx - 01-23-2020, 03:14 PM
RE: Some thoughts on wraith - by Roomba - 01-23-2020, 08:35 PM
RE: Some thoughts on wraith - by Nnystyxx - 01-23-2020, 08:41 PM
RE: Some thoughts on wraith - by Recusor - 01-24-2020, 07:28 AM
RE: Some thoughts on wraith - by Sundance - 01-24-2020, 09:08 AM
RE: Some thoughts on wraith - by aft2001 - 01-24-2020, 11:12 AM
RE: Some thoughts on wraith - by Mouse - 05-05-2020, 09:31 AM