Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
suggustions to make gang more fun
I like the "put out a hit" idea a lot with bounties, it's a bit like spy that, but with a team and for a goal. I've been wanting to add more tangible rewards to gangs. Items and buffs they can but from their locker for points. Of course this means major changes to how points are awarded.

Also, gangs members get the area name where their locker is in their join message in-chat. It's easy to miss, they should get something else to show them where their gang is.

Regarding spraying tags for turf control, I had an idea not fully fleshed out for changing that. The jist is: tags don't capture a whole area on their own, but capture a square around their origin point say, a 4 tile radius and gang members can see an overlay on those turfs telling them that their gang owns it. I think that this will lead to more natural and clear turf wars between gangs where you have to beat back the opposition to gain their turf instead of just sneakily spray a tag over their's.

And gangs get points over time for having turfs captured instead of just on round end. Every minute, the turfs are counted up and points are allocated to gangs accordingly. It should still work with the high value target that currently happens, where it will count ahich gangs has the most turfs in that area. These would tie into my above changes with the points, so gangs will want to defend and expand their turfs to gain more points to buy items and such with.

The main bit with the turfs that's holding me back is the technical stuff, but that will effect the gameplay too so I've held off. Not sure what turfs should change hands if you cover an enemy tag and there's another right next to it. Or if  you spray a tiny area boxed in by enemy turfs and then the enemy tags get destroyed by the janitor, does your territory expand automatically or just stay under the 4 radius size it was before? I don't know. I'll probably just choose whichever is easiest programatically.

Messages In This Thread
suggustions to make gang more fun - by hipBEE - 10-29-2019, 04:45 PM
RE: suggustions to make gang more fun - by kyle2143 - 10-29-2019, 11:57 PM
RE: suggustions to make gang more fun - by OMJ - 11-05-2019, 07:07 AM
RE: suggustions to make gang more fun - by OMJ - 11-06-2019, 05:28 AM
RE: suggustions to make gang more fun - by Mouse - 11-06-2019, 05:02 PM
RE: suggustions to make gang more fun - by phyvo - 11-10-2019, 05:40 AM
RE: suggustions to make gang more fun - by Mouse - 11-13-2019, 04:38 AM