Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.14 Average
Tempban, not appealing but it's not warranted
Here's the ban message
You have been banned by simianc.
Reason: When confronting a Wizard, smoked 300 units of Strychnine which managed to hit several crewmembers. Later, smoked a lethal chem cocktail at the Space Diner and managed to hit another crewmember, albeit not intentionally. You've already recieved warnings regarding suicide bombing antagonists and killing innocent crew in the process. Take some time off

I don't mind the ban, not that I feel it's warranted by any stretch but I've been playing less and less here lately anyway, it's the principle. I think this was one of maybe 5 rounds I'd played in the last week or so, can't be sure, it's certainly the first time I'd done any weaponized chemistry as a non-antag in any form in quite some time. This seems like a major over-reaction. I'd talked to a few longtime players to get their opinions before posting this, thinking maybe I wasn't seeing this from the right perspective, decided to say my peace here and forget about it.

Something like 35-40 minutes into a wizard rampage, after this wizard had evaded sec all round with forcewalls and teleports, I found him stuck between his own forcewall and the bolted inner airlock to pathology on manta. The hallway was wide open, I'd made it perfectly clear all round I intended to kill this wizard and I'd made it perfectly clear how I intended to do it, so I see the perfect chance and set off my mix. In the past I'd been told to reserve mixes for use on antags for situations where damage to the station and crew were minimal, that's what I did. Right after I do this, somebody comes around the corner, sees the smoke, and proceeds to walk into it. It happens, I went back after being cloned and checked to be sure the guy was cloned, he wasn't and so I cloned him myself. Apparently somebody else somehow got caught in it, never even saw that happen, it must have been well after the fact and whoever it was wasn't there when I came back and so I didn't even know this until I got the first ahelp message.

So after all of that, I hang around chem and tweak a mix I'd been meaning to try. The shuttle is arriving about the time it's ready so I decide to test the mix at the diner, where people traditionally test mixes that are too large to safely test in the test chamber, and find it empty as you'd expect with the escape shuttle docking. So I set it off and somebody comes running out of one of the back rooms immediately and gets caught in it. Normally I'd check the bathroom and kitchen storage area, but this close to round-end I'd just assumed nobody would be there. I apologized in deadchat after the guy that got caught in it died, he complimented the mix, no hard feelings, can't imagine how that's relevant to the previous accident but it was mentioned in the ban message, so there it is.

I can't wrap my head around how this is banworthy at all. I likely wouldn't have been back on in the next few days either way, I just get the impression this was an overreaction related to some previous interaction with simian. Can't imagine what it is, I don't recall ever talking to simian much at all but I'd hope if there's some bad blood there for whatever reason simian would send me a message and we could clear that up.

Messages In This Thread
Tempban, not appealing but it's not warranted - by Lurkey - 10-18-2019, 06:22 PM