Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Add an empowered effect to dimensional shift/ rework dimensional shift
After talking with Ursula major on discord. We have created an idea for a possible empowered effect for dimensional shift
  1. upon use it sends you to a pocket dimension of sorts
  2. space is compressed 4 or 8 times (e.g if you move 1 tile inside its 4 tiles outside etc.)
  3. you have a small viewport which uses meson logic in that you cant see mobs and only the structure. This is so that you can position yourself
  4. upon exiting you'd pop back into the place relative to were you exited in the "pocket dimension"
Preferably make this pocket dimension a public area so that you can hang out there if need be. Warcrimes says that a space-compression framework is already in game. viewport framework is already in game as seen by AI viewports and according to mbc there's a flag that you can set in order to disallow or allow viewing of mobs.
Now some people may call this overpowered and i don't believe this is the case due to a number of reasons:
  1. dimensional shift is combination only
  2. You cant use complex to make it as it results in other mutations
  3. dimensional shift has a large effect on your stability already (-20)
Now there's only one possible downside to this that i could think of. If you wanted to use it like old dimensional shift you would not be able to see mobs. this is why i think this should be an empowered version instead of a full rework.
EDIT: (clarified a part near end)

Messages In This Thread
Add an empowered effect to dimensional shift/ rework dimensional shift - by moonlol - 09-05-2019, 11:48 AM