Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Feature] Emag Expansion Phase 1
As the Cryptographic Sequencer is one of my favourite items, I thought it was worth exploring more possible uses for it. While this is not all I plan to do with the Emag, and many more changes are in progress, I think the following additions would have a positive impact on the game:
  • Flashes can now be sabotaged by using an emag to poke a hole in the back of the flash. When used, these will also flash the user of the device.
  • Rocket boots can be Emagged, causing them to always explode when used.
  • A flashlight can be emagged, overloading the voltage regulators in the bulb. When used all mobs that are in the cone of vision emanating in the direction the player is looking will be turboflashed and the flashlight will become permanently inoperable (with a fancy animated sprite!)
  • Space heaters can be emagged, raising their temperature limit to 400C and boosting the rate at which they heat the surrounding air. Once hacked they cannot be turned off after they are turned on. As well, space heaters can now be wrenched to the floor.
  • Microwaves can be emagged to heat food with ionizing radiation, injecting the morsel with 25 units of radium.
Also added a helper proc to calculate if one atom is in the cone of vision of another one. This may be useful for other things, who knows?

Pull Request: https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...6/pull/155

Messages In This Thread
[Feature] Emag Expansion Phase 1 - by Cyclical - 09-04-2019, 04:31 PM