Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Brobocop needs some love
Brobocop, the lovechild of brobot and a secborg is an interesting take on a borg module, one that I have always approved of as I felt secborgs could be implemented into the game if you just get the balance and feel of it down. I feel Brobocop module succeeds in that regard, but unfortunately fails to live up to its role as security assistance.

There are a few issues I have with it, I've put them in order of merit:

1. Brobocop needs security channel
This used to be a real stickler at the start as peeps weren't too sure if it was ok to have a cyborg access a secure channel. But now the AI can do it and there's been minimal issues with it, so why the hell not.
The Brobocop can't actually function as an assistance to security in the slightest if it can't hear what's going on, and this really cripples any functionality and of all the suggestions, this the one that stands out the most.

The fix: There may be some coding jankyness when adding another radio channel to the borg based on its module. Ideally, this is what I would like to see. Alternatively, an easier option is a resprited station bounced radio that is linked to security is another good option. If I know how tools are coded, enabling the mic/radio and putting it back into your storage will still allow the borg to hear/speak.

2. Security vision needs to be the starting upgrade, rather than Self-Repair
Self repair is pretty good module, but it's something that can be added in mid-late game rather than starting with one. The Secvision is more important because it will allow the Brobocop to see who's who. 

The Fix: Sec vision upgrade... that's it. I'm not sure of the coding issues that surround implementing this, coder please yell at me if this is something that's headachy.

3. Replace the cardboard tube with a WiffleBat.
My sprite for the wifflebat is somewhere on the forums (yell if you can't find it). Of all the modules, Brobocop is the least deadly. This is good btw, as it there needs to be a staunch limit when you have such a unit working with security. However the cardboard tube, although comedic, is functionally useless. 

The Fix: The Wifflebat works as a 0 damage "weapon" as it's made of foam. It does have two properties that would make it useful. Firstly would be the disarm ability, which when swiped will roll a chance of disarming a target. Secondly it retains to functions of a baseball bat in that it can reflect items thrown at the user.

4. Brobocop requires an Vape.
It needs be able to smoke just like its fellow fleshy brother in arms. 

The Fix: The vape is already in the game, so this could be an easy add. The vape is infinite, with a cool down. The vape could reduce stun time for the borg, and could potentially be used while stunned as a counter. 

5. Brobocop could do with a cuff dispenser
This would be quite useful if you're roleplaying Officer Smithy and Officer URL duo. Fleshling downs target, brobocop dispenses cuffs for officer - as cuffs are the kind of thing that need to be done immediately, having them on hand is great.

The Fix: The cuff dispenser works exactly how it says on the tin. Click dispenser in-hand = shits cuffs. 

A useful coding addition here could be that if the auto *gives to a target, so if you're beside Officer Smithy you automatically hand it to them rather than shitting it on the floor. If there's no target, then you just let loose onto the ground.

Messages In This Thread
Brobocop needs some love - by Sundance - 08-13-2019, 05:17 AM
RE: Brobocop needs some love - by Superlagg - 08-13-2019, 10:22 AM
RE: Brobocop needs some love - by Sundance - 08-13-2019, 11:05 AM
RE: Brobocop needs some love - by SimianC - 08-13-2019, 11:39 AM
RE: Brobocop needs some love - by Sundance - 08-13-2019, 01:01 PM
RE: Brobocop needs some love - by Frank_Stein - 08-13-2019, 01:09 PM
RE: Brobocop needs some love - by OMJ - 08-13-2019, 03:07 PM
RE: Brobocop needs some love - by Studenterhue - 08-13-2019, 09:07 PM
RE: Brobocop needs some love - by Sundance - 08-14-2019, 03:54 AM