Give Dwarfe a beret!
In a round just there, I was a traitor bowler in a biosuit and you were the detective. Now, apparently you can see bowling suits through biosuits, which I didn't know. I'd yet to do anything criminal in the slightest. This is the point at which I think someone who's HoS material turns a blind eye or maybe even drops a hint that he can see something's amiss - instead, you examined me, immediately arrested me and confiscated all my items, confirming that I wouldn't get them back and dragging me to the brig. You prioritised this over the wizard who was running around creating golems and throwing fireballs, no less.

It's not being a bad player in the strictest sense, I guess, but it's being harsh and punishing enough that it speaks to someone being a bit more play-to-win than (IMO) a HoS should be. You say you don't like HoSs who kill confirmed traitors without any fun - however, what you did isn't that far off overzealous security staff who spy someone fiddling with their PDA and instantly bust them on the off-chance that they're caught a traitor before they can do anything. It's kind of at odds with your claim to be laid back.

I can't say I have many other memories of you as a player (as far as I can tell you're usually a decent enough player, I've never seen you being particularly shit or being a vigilante in a non-sec role) and it feels petty to go by this one experience. I really don't want to come off as if I'm voting no because of a grudge - simply to say that the HoS, to me, isn't the guy who's supposed to go around trying to catch low-key traitors before they've done anything, just because the opportunity arises to do so. I'll vote no, but not unreserved.

Messages In This Thread