Lurkey's Mentor Application
Usual character name: Lurkey Lots/Not Lurkey (surprise, that was me all along)
BYOND username: Lurkey
Recommended by (if applicable): Tewf, Vextrom1
Goon servers you play: non-rp exclusively, never left goon3 while it was up

Reason for application + game experience: First found ss13 a little over a year ago (I think) looking for roguelikes and noticing a lot of people interested in games I liked also happened to love ss13. Just happened to try goon first and never left. 
Early on I exclusively played botany, took an interest in chem after seeing some of the old pro spessmen pulling off some really neat gimmicks and branched out into tsci and sol-related stuff from there. Really loved, and still love, how helpful the community is. A lot of really good players that had put a lot of time and effort into figuring things out (Ob64 taught me a lot of chemistry and toxins tricks I still use today, Tewf helped me a lot when I was learning tsci, this would be a really long list if it were all-inclusive) helped break down the more confusing mechanics, tips and tricks, and gave me a solid start.
I like to help new players (and older players trying new things) whenever possible, sometimes this takes a good chunk of my time out of a round but it's worth it to see somebody I'd helped a little build up their own style and invent their own gimmicks later on. I normally hang around chemistry and telesci when I'm not in debris or somewhere in maint, but have a solid enough understanding of most departments/mechanics to answer questions with the exception of more advanced engineering stuff. Pretty sure I'm like one of three or four people that ever set foot in pathology [b]and I love helping people with an interest in path get started. I spend a good bit of time dragging people out of trouble/healing/cloning/etc whether I'd actually rolled doctor/MD so have solid experience there too.[/b]
I'm already on for a nice chunk of my free time and already help people out every chance I get so it just seemed natural to put in an application for mentor.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): None

Messages In This Thread
Lurkey's Mentor Application - by Lurkey - 07-27-2019, 04:21 PM
RE: Lurkey's Mentor Application - by Vextrom - 07-27-2019, 04:28 PM
RE: Lurkey's Mentor Application - by OMJ - 07-27-2019, 05:13 PM
RE: Lurkey's Mentor Application - by Tewf - 07-27-2019, 06:39 PM
RE: Lurkey's Mentor Application - by AleksAdamska - 07-31-2019, 03:02 PM
RE: Lurkey's Mentor Application - by Rodney Dick - 08-02-2019, 07:00 AM
RE: Lurkey's Mentor Application - by AwkwardDryad - 08-06-2019, 02:10 PM