Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
General improvements to telescience.
- Currently you can only hold like 6 bookmarks, I don't understand why this is, there is no real reason for it.

- You can't teleport yourself. I realize this one's probably intentional, in theory it encourages teamwork. In practice, it encourages yelling at the AI and passersby to teleport you until you get fed up and use a portal and drain 99% of the stations power with it.  A telescience PDA cart that allows you remote access of the teleporter, or at least the send and receive commands, would be cool. I know borgs can do this already.

- The whole math equation thing for coordinates seems rather pointless. Most people I feel have a spreadsheet or an app for it, those that don't are left out, why not just cut the whole complicated mess and have the GPS coordinates be the same coordinates the computer uses? I don't really see what the math adds, other than needless complexity to shut out newcomers until they check the wiki or google it or whatever. 

- A lot of the telesci rewards have been replaced with goof rewards that don't do anything, but others haven't, it's all kind of arbitrary which ones have and which ones haven't so maybe a pass to unify this and decide on what is acceptable for players to have and what isn't might be good.  For example there's an AK somewhere that's been replaced with a goof one, but there's still hunting rifles and revolvers in another location. I guess the AK is slightly better, but it still seems arbitrary.

- More rewards that benefit the station rather than the telesci run itself. It would be cool if Telesci adventures could result in the station getting new and improved versions of it's current equipment. People generally ignore telesci  and telesci people generally ignore the round so it would be cool if the two could be connected a little more. People should be glad to see the expedition come back, because they've come back with additional materials for research, new artifacts, strange spices for foods that can be reused, etc. Get people working together for this stuff again rather than just disappearing off because of sol shenanigans and then never being seen again until the shuttle's called. Right now the only "reward" is that the telesci explorer gets to hang on to a giant gun or something and then bust it out when someone starts rampaging last second on the shuttle.

Messages In This Thread
General improvements to telescience. - by Isaacs Alter Ego - 07-25-2019, 12:59 PM