Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Role of OOC on the RP Server
I think it should be considered on certain levels of problem, in order.

Worst - Adam just killed me with an explosive, obvious traitor. (Obvious reason is obvious.)
Really Bad - OOC:Who wants to start a death match at the boxing room? (Because the game is about social interactions and isn't PUBG, this just feels dumb.)
Bad - Can someone please go to science and clone me so I can keep playing? (This is a really fast way to make me take out a brain and feed it to a monkey.)
Forgiveable - OOC:Well first you need to place the canister at this spot. OOC:FUCK (Everyone makes mistakes, don't chastise them when they clearly feel bad.)
Reasonable - LOOC: I want to do something but it'll probably kill one of us. Is that okay with you? (Generally shouldn't do antag things, but if it'll make the round fun for everyone involved I don't see why not.)
Good - Announcement: The clown is to be arrested for turning my room into a slipping hall of death! OOC:Good clown (Everyone sees the announcement, so it's not telling people things they wouldn't know.)
Good - The lag is terrible. Maybe resetting the round would fix it? (Calling the shuttle can substitute reset. Asking to do this in character is a lot to ask, especially if you're in a situation where people can't hear each other.)

Other various examples and what not.

Messages In This Thread
Role of OOC on the RP Server - by UrsulaMejor - 07-19-2019, 01:03 PM
RE: Role of OOC on the RP Server - by Carbadox - 07-19-2019, 01:15 PM
RE: Role of OOC on the RP Server - by Technature - 07-19-2019, 01:53 PM