Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Job specific traitor objectives
Daeren Wrote:People are forgetting that traitor/crew objectives boil down to a yes/no state check at the end of the round because of how they're tracked (as far as I know).

I may never have coded with whatever language or environment BYOND is set up with, though I figure it doesn't differ much from my C# background (I may be totally wrong with that statement). I figured that when the produceCake command is called from the mixer, adding a simple if (mainIngredient == human) {objective = complete} wouldn't cause much of an issue. Same goes for loading things into the furnace. Alternatively, the game could check if there is human cake in existence at the end of the round, this being a command being only called once rather than being called every time a cake is made or something is added to the furnace. At the same time I figure that maybe something along the lines of
Captain_Bravo Wrote:Staff Assistant would be fine for "Steal 6 Multitools", but not a Mechanic. Or the Research Director could get "Steal 6 sunglasses", but not the Captain.
Just something that makes playing a traitor round as a chef a bit more different from playing a traitor round as a scientist, where currently the majority of the difference is a butcher knife or a syringe gun. This does not mean that only "Steal x" objectives should be added, there can be a ton of objectives that wouldn't really need to be hard coded into the game that aren't like this, perhaps "make sure there are 3 completely dismembered bodies on the station level at the end of the round" a la Dexter as a chef objective, or maybe even "Make sure that 15 different people have their faces farted on by the end of the round" as an assistant objective. Doesn't have to be murder/theft stuff. Variety is the spice of life, and not all of it is all that difficult to implement, code wise (if BYOND acts like C#). Thanks for the input guys!

Messages In This Thread