Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Prodoc+ cyber eye / cyborg upgrade
I'd like to request a way to get upgraded ProDoc vision from cyber eyes, since at the moment that's the only goggle effect they can't have.

I've had a couple of thoughts on how it could be done, and while I know which one I'd prefer, I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks.

1. Let people use analyzer upgrades on them:
Probably not a good idea, as there's a limited number of the upgrades. Unlike analyzers and goggles, it's not easy to take someone's eye off them and reuse it when they no longer need it!

2. Have a second ProDoc cybereye that requires more/rarer materials to make:
This is the option I'm in favour of. This way it's still possible to do, but not trivial. The Medical Director could start with one in their locker, to either use themselves or give to Robotics. I'm not sure if it should just use more of the same materials, or require ores from mining as well. It could also be limited to buying from traders, but I don't think anyone would ever bother when there are ProDoc goggles everywhere.

3. Require two ProDocs and/or a spectro eye to get the upgraded effect:
Also an option. You need two polarized cyber eyes to get the same effect as sunglasses, so if the improved ProDoc is considered too good to be available with one eye, require two! I think combining it with spectro makes more sense, since reagent analysis is the big addition, but it could require two ProDoc eyes instead.

The second question is whether cyborgs should get a better ProDoc module as well. I know there are concerns about cyborgs making some human roles redundant, but I wouldn't see the harm in having a better but more expensive module to make when mining/QM co-operate.

Messages In This Thread
Prodoc+ cyber eye / cyborg upgrade - by Lost Generation - 05-30-2019, 01:37 PM