Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Personal Thoughts On The Window Changes
Heart 
[Image: knzk7bd.jpg]

So, I saw the interface update today and I was like "Oh nice I'll go check this out big grin"

And then I was like

[Image: O7BBCVP.jpg]

This *can* work, but at this point, the original interface was a hell of a lot more user friendly than this. Looking at this window legitimately hurt my eyes and i had to look away after a few seconds.

Here's how this can be fixed:

**Simplest solution: Revert the patch. Not the best, but it could buy time to work on a more visually functional UI. The original interfaces were functional and, more importantly, legible, even if looking at them for long periods of time would render you snowblind.**

-- The background color needs to change to light grey or white. Dark grey doesn't contrast well with...pretty much anything as a background. (don't even get me started on the black text)

-- Random coloring of items in interfaces needs to go. The QM interface is absolute hell because of this and now everything looks like the QM interface D: Color coordination is used to make an interface easier to navigate and differentiate items based on type or some other apparent classification. Randomly coloring the text just to make it so everything isn't the same color is an issue I've had with the interface for a long time and if people are pushing for a visual update, PLEASE color coordinate items. And if there's too much of one color, use alternating hues.

Example of alternating hues:

[Image: PPQIZ.gif] [Image: V8AI9.jpg]

(side note, please don't use 255 blue, red, or green in your palette. save our eyes)

-- The windows are buggy af and this isn't a bug thread so I won't go into too much detail.

-- The font size is waaaaaaaay too small, which extrapolates all of the coloring issues already present.

I feel awful for leaving such a critical comment on someone's work, but this patch could reasonably be considered a game-breaking issue.
At the very least, this graphical change should be a player preference instead of being pushed as a forced update.

I also feel inspired by the thought of a new interface though, I'll post some concept images using things I've mentioned in this post in a later thread for more relevant examples. (I recently wiped my computer and my image editing software hasn't been reinstalled yet :P)

---------------------------------------------

255 blue isn't real. It can't hurt you.

255 blue:

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

---------------------------------------------

Alright, so I was going to post a concept of a better interface, but i cannot possibly do better than this:

Zamujasa's post: https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=12058

This concept is F A N T A S T I C and solves every issue i have with the past and current interface as long as it can be implemented without strobe light rave windows happening.

Messages In This Thread
My Personal Thoughts On The Window Changes - by AwkwardDryad - 05-17-2019, 10:32 AM