Poll: Should BR be added to the rotation?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No - keep it as an admin gimmick round
29.58%
21 29.58%
Yes, as common as Nuke Ops Rounds
7.04%
5 7.04%
Yes, but very rarely (1-2% chance)
29.58%
21 29.58%
Replace BR with a game mode where you fight bubs irl
33.80%
24 33.80%
Total 71 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Should Battle Royale be a game mode?
Calling the shuttle doesn't make sense for the mode. When I said it should be 15 minutes, I meant more that it should take 15 minutes for the storm to reach its peak, so that you only have a tiny area in which to fight. But it could be 20 minutes too, any short-ish duration.

I think that in my last post I described what I meant poorly. The storm is the main problem with BR mode. Here are the main issues imo:

1. You have to know where the listed safe places are by memory. You're given obscure areas and it's just a memory test or you get lucky and happen across a glowing area.
2. The way the storm functions is counter to how it works in all BR games, it's basically a weird musical chairs sorta thing. 
3. The storm is too immediately deadly. In actual battle royale games, the damage starts out relatively low while in the storm and scales up the longer you're there. Given the way healing chems can be very effective, you'll have to scale up the max damage cap pretty high. But currently, being in the storm for one or two seconds without anything to heal you afterwards is certain death iirc. That's no fun.

1 and 2 could be fixed like this:
It should be changed either to function more like storms generally work in BR games where a central point is selected and then turfs moving in slowly turn into storm turfs where you'll take damage. I don't know how to explain that exactly, but it shouldn't require explaination if you've ever seen or played any BR game. 

The other option is to instead have the command report list areas that will soon be off limits instead of listing areas that will soon be safe. And those areas will stay off limits for the rest of the game. That's how I thought this game mode worked the first round I played it, because the flashing areas denoting safe zones was non-intuitive to me and well that is more similar to BR storms than what it currently is like.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should Battle Royale be a game mode? - by OMJ - 05-15-2019, 01:21 PM
RE: Should Battle Royale be a game mode? - by OMJ - 05-15-2019, 02:14 PM
RE: Should Battle Royale be a game mode? - by kyle2143 - 05-16-2019, 01:39 PM