Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Add More Jobs to Job Preferences
Quote:Grumpchkin

I think a general "Random job" job that represents the late-join jobs could be a good addition, since all of them are as you said, just functionally staff assistants but with gimmick potential. It both keeps clutter out but adds something.

I don't really like this idea, because (I'd at least imagine) that most people pick the gimmick jobs because they have a specific gimmick in-mind related to that job, making the selection of "Random Job" pointless.

Quote:John Warcrimes

Gotta balance freedom of choice with cluter- don't want to flood the selection screen with two dozen more jobs that are functionally identical to Staff Assistant or less.

Let's take this thread to talk about which specifically would make good additions to the preference wheel, why, and maybe it'll lead to different interesting gimmick jobs too. Who knows.

Those are some good points! So, why are jobs added to the job preferences menu? Why should any job be added to the job preference menu? Well, I think it's for two main reasons.

1: To guide players towards jobs that have an important/interesting role.
2: To let there be a higher chance for these jobs to be played as an antagonist.

With these reasons, I think I'd be good to add Lawyer (could make for easier fun court RP), Mime (has a similar role to the clown- silliness), and Radio Show Host (radio shows are usually always fun) to the job preferences menu.

Messages In This Thread
Add More Jobs to Job Preferences - by Spoodle - 05-14-2019, 10:55 AM
RE: Add More Jobs to Job Preferences - by Spoodle - 05-14-2019, 01:37 PM
RE: Add More Jobs to Job Preferences - by Xeram - 05-16-2019, 10:01 PM
RE: Add More Jobs to Job Preferences - by aft2001 - 05-17-2019, 06:51 AM